Avoid Toxin Risk with Mercury-Free Dentistry
Mercury is a dangerous neurotoxin that can produce symptoms identical to those of neurologic and autoimmune disorders, like Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
Mercury is a dangerous neurotoxin that can produce symptoms identical to those of neurologic and autoimmune disorders, like Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis. Dr. David Lerner, who has a dental practice in Yorktown Heights, says it’s important to eliminate any exposure to mercury, including in our dental work.
“Common sources of mercury include large ‘steak’ fish such as tuna, swordfish and shark; some vaccines; and silver-colored amalgam dental fillings, which are 50 percent mercury,” he says. “You should avoid consuming these types of fish, and do research on any vaccines or dental materials used by your medical providers. Avoid having any new mercury fillings placed, and have a specially trained dentist remove your old fillings safely.”
As a holistic dentist, Lerner has practiced mercury-free dentistry since 1983. “Over the years, I’ve studied with the world’s leading experts to provide my patients with the best care possible,” he says. “I use protocols established by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to minimize the risk of exposure for the removal of existing mercury fillings, and I replace them with nontoxic materials that are metal-free.”
Patients who are concerned they may have mercury toxicity should be tested by a medical physician and consult a holistic dentist, he says.
For more information, call Lerner’s office at 914.214.9678 or visit HolisticDentist.com.