FESTIVE BEVERAGE RECIPES: Organic, low carb, all-natural or gluten-free cocktails in Westchester, NY.
Nov 03, 2012 10:23PM
Ipanema Pom Baitini
A cocktail minus the added calories.
Bai5 Antioxidant Infusions are cocktail mixers that add flavor and a hint of antioxidant power to favorite drinks without adding sugar or calories.
1 oz citrus flavored vodka
2 oz Bai5 Ipanema Pomegranate
1. Pour vodka and Bai5 into a martini shaker.
2. Shake well and pour into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Visit drinkbai.com for more recipes and to order their full line of products perfect for mixing.
Cafe of Love’s Basil-Smashed Grape Cocktail
8-11 green seedless grapes
1 basil leaf
2 oz vodka
1/2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 oz agave nectar
1 oz club soda
1. In a shaker, muddle the grapes with the basil leaf.
2. Add ice, vodka, lemon juice, and agave.
3. Shake well.
4. Top with club soda; pour in a Collins Glass or balloon wine glass.
Visit Cafe of Love at 38 East Main St., in Mt. Kisco, NY for their full cocktail menu which includes Green-tinis made with green tea and Acai Margaritas. Info: CafeofLoveNY.com; 914.242.1002.
ConsciousWine’s Prosecco Pearagon
“This is our seasonal variation of a drink normally made with gin. We love Perlage’s Riva Moretta Prosecco from The Organic Wine Company, and which we sell at ConsciousWine,” says Vinny Liscio. “It’s made with 100% organic grapes.”
Half a pear
1 ounce pear liqueur
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 sprigs of tarragon
*Prosecco is a white Italian wine made in the Frizzante style (lightly sparking).
1. Take half of a peeled pear and muddle it to a pulp; put it in the glass
2. Pour in the pear liqueur, then the lime juice then the simple syrup
3. Stir it up a little bit, then put in your sprigs of tarragon
4. Finish with an ounce (or more) of Prosecco
Variation: any combination of these will taste great. Just be sure to add the Prosecco at the end, to maintain its fizziness.
To order organic wines, visit ConsciousWine.com.
Gluten-Free Mistletoe Mojitos
Andrea Currie developed this signature holiday cocktail for gluten-free celebrants. Currie recommends using natural pear juice, found bottled at health food markets.
Yields 2 servings
3 large mint leaves
2 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 oz (two jiggers) spiced rum
4 oz (½ cup) pear juice or nectar
Ice for cocktail glasses
Splash of carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Slices of fresh pear and mint sprigs for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint and strawberries with rum, using a wooden muddler or a wooden spoon.
2. Add the pear juice and shake.
3. Pour into cocktail glasses filled with ice and add a splash of carbonated lemon-lime beverage.
Andy’s Pure Foods’ Kale Shake
1 handful of kale
1 apple, cored and seeded
1 banana, peeled
1/8 of a pineapple, peeled and cored
1 ounce of fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more or less ice for desired consistency.
Try all of Andy’s juices, smoothies and raw food at two locations, Rye and Larchmont. They also deliver. Info: 914.967.2332; AndysPureFood.com.