News Briefs & Kudos Submissions
KUDOS: Do you have someone in mind who deserves special recognition for a recent achievement? Did you just pass your licensing exam? We want to let everyone know in a Kudo.
News Brief/Kudos Guidelines
- Length: 150-250 words.
- Style: Write in the 3rd person. News briefs are third person, non-advertorial and read like a mini newspaper story. First person statements may be turned into direct quotes from the submitter of the news brief. Please provide the name and title of that person to quote. For example: “Joe Smith, owner of Chiropractic Care.”
- Deadline: The deadline for submitting News Briefs and Kudos is the 12th of the month prior to publication. Late submissions are at risk of not being considered.
- We edit all submitted news briefs for style, format and length.
- Include the following information:
Who is the newsmaker or sponsor? Please include name, title and company/organization. What is newsworthy, timely and of interest to our readers? Is there a cost to attend, participate or for a service/treatment? When is the event, opportunity or change taking place? Where is the event, opportunity or change taking place? Include complete address. Why is this news important to readers at this time? How will this news story affect and what’s the immediate benefit for our readers? Other brief background information (relevant credentials/experiences, store hours or vital stats) Name of contact person to possibly mention in the brief Contact person’s telephone Contact person’s email address Website URL for more information
Corresponding large image in .jpg or .png format
In addition, press releases are welcome.
Health Briefs Submissions
Health Briefs highlight the latest research studies, trends and tips in easy-to-digest articles of 50 to 200 words. Each focuses on a particular topic, such as food, supplements, self-care, beauty, balance and fitness. Submissions should always contain doable solutions or pertinent research findings on common conditions or health issues.
Health Brief Guidelines
- Length: 50-250 words.
- Deadline: Due on or before the 12th of the month prior to publication.
- Briefs should be written in layman’s terms, and impart information in a way that does not sound self-serving.
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions if necessary; for longer features, a copy of revisions can be returned upon request.
- Please include a brief biography at the end of your article.
Articles and Spotlights
How to SubmitEditorial should be submitted by email as a MS Word document attachment or text embedded in the body of the email. Send to [email protected]
All submissions are subject to publisher approval and review. Natural Awakenings reserves the right to edit any and all submissions to match our guidelines and standards. There is no guarantee that a submission will appear in the magazine or online.